Thursday, November 19, 2009

Koreshan State Historic Site

gopher
Originally posted November 14, 2009
In my quest to visit as many state parks as possible this year I went to the Koreshan State Historic Site in Estero Florida. (Estero is just outside Fort Myers). Some people may find this park interesting but to me it was quite a few buildings built in the late 1800's or early 1900's that appear in various states of disrepair. The redeeming part of the park is it borders the Estero River. Some of those pics can be see at my flickr site.
After walking through the park and headed back to my car I did run across a gopher tortoise. I do not know if turtles or tortoises are afraid of people but this one was on a mission to get past me into the woods. No stopping, no turning no ntohing. Straight ahead and thats where it went.
If you do decide to visit the park please read a little about the community so the building make more sense. It wont make them look nicer but it will explain why this is designated a park etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment