Friday, November 20, 2009

Six Mile Cypress SLough




Alligator Lake, originally uploaded by Century Club.

I went a little later this morning to see if the wildlife likes to sleep in some days. For the most part I didnt see much again today. I great blue heron startled me as it took off from the side of the boardwalk below me and a little blue heron was on the side of wood duck pond.

The new thing was I saw the first alligators on a long time at alligator lake. WHen I entered 3 birds were sitting on the floating raft and a smaller alligator was next to the dock. Over time I am getting better at spotting logs with eyes so this sort of stood out. He was maybe 5-6 feet long and content laying there.

Walking around the park didnt yield much other than the birds mentioned above. The last pond didnt even have a turtle to be seen. After the loop is done you walk back by alligator lake so I tried one more time. The birds that were on the raft were replaced by a gator maybe 6-9 foot long.

In all not a bad day but still not the day I was looking for with the photography contest coming up soon.

More of the pics can be seen on my flickr site

No comments:

Post a Comment